How to install a painting?
Installing a painting can be a simple process. Bernice’s art handlers are well equipped and are used to finish every installation perfectly. With our expertise, here’s some good advice on how to hang your painting.
(text continues under the image)
Installing a painting can be a simple process, and there are several ways to do it depending on the type of painting and your preferences. Here are some general steps to follow:
- Choose a location: First, decide where you want to hang the painting. Consider the size of the painting, the wall space available, and the lighting in the room.
- Gather materials: You will need a hammer or a drill, nails, screws and a level. You may also need a pencil and measuring tape if you want to be precise.
- Prepare the wall: If the wall is bare, you can simply hammer a nail into it where you want the painting to hang. If there is already a nail or hook in the wall, make sure it is sturdy enough to support the weight of the painting. We advice to use a drill, a screw and plug for stone or concrete walls.
- Hang the painting: Hold the painting up to the wall and position it where you want it. A general rule is to hang the center of the painting at eye level when you are standing in front of it. Use a level to make sure it is straight. Then, hammer a nail (or drill your screw) into the wall at the top center of the painting. If the painting is heavy or large, you may need to use more than one nail or a picture-hanging hook.
- Adjust the painting: Once the painting is hung, step back and look at it from different angles to make sure it is level and centered. You may need to adjust the height or position of the painting.
- Enjoy your new artwork: Once the painting is hung to your satisfaction, step back and admire it 🙂
It’s important to note that for more delicate or valuable paintings, it may be best to consult a professional art installer who can ensure that the painting is hung securely and with proper materials to avoid any damage.
Requirements for artists to get their work in a gallery collectionFor artists Inside the studio
How to get your art into a gallery collection?
Meet the client: Walls Real Estate AgentsOur clients
Have a look at the art on the walls at Walls Real Estate Agents in Antwerp
How can art be beneficial for an office?Our clients
5 good reasons why you should have art in your offce